Green Star is the rating system used most commonly during design to ensure that the building will be highly energy efficient. Most recently it incorporates a performance rating for the building (As-Built ratings). The higher the rating the greater the perceived value of the building.
Our Green Star services range from providing strategic advice and peer review through to full involvement in a project from initial concept, through detailed design and construction, taking responsibility of achieving both Design and As-Built ratings.
- clients have achieved optimal ratings in their buildings, increasing the value of their assets to better than even anticipated or hoped for, and of course minimising costs and environmental impacts,
- offers an unparalleled level of experience in achieving the highest Green Star ratings, having completed tens of certified projects (many achieving 6 stars),
- successfully certified projects cover a wide range of building types (e.g. Office, Interiors, Education, Healthcare) across Australia under Green Star,
- provided strategic advice on many other projects, including independent peer review of more than 40 other Green Star submissions,
- employees have been involved in the development of the Green Star ratings tools since they were first launched. Together they have contributed to the development of nearly all the different Green Star tools, and taken a lead role as category managers for the development of the Education tool, and
- Green Star training courses for the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) – Viridis have trained several thousand industry professionals
- staff are members of the Green Star Faculty, Technical Advisory Panel, and are experienced Green Star Assessors.
Jonathan Dalton (Viridis’ Technical Director) is a Green Star trainer, auditor and technical advisor.
Dr. Claire Bird is a Technical Advisor to Green Star on Indoor Environment Quality.